Cervical spondylosis vertigo. Prescribed medication?

Options

I've got dizziness/vertigo with cervical spondylosis. Has anyone been prescribed any medication specifically for this, which has helped? I'm seeing the physio next week, so will be asking her about it.

Comments

• Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options

Just wanted to add to this. I had a stomach virus four weeks ago - it took me two weeks to fully recover - felt dreadful - and I was dizzy as part of it. I'm now wondering if this residual dizziness is in fact related to the spondylosis or if it's vestibular neuritis from the virus. The GP prescribed medication 10 days after I had the virus to help with the dizziness, but you only take it for 3 days. Anyway, maybe the physio will know.

• Loggiemod
    Loggiemod Member Posts: 220
    Options

HI @Megrose489 sounds like one for your GP or Consultant or if your surgey is like ours a Clinical Pharmacist I think they are called.

• MrDJ
    MrDJ Member Posts: 279
    Options

maybe a silly question but did you happen to have flu or covid jabs around the same time as when the dizzy spells started.

only reason i ask is a colleague i work with at my hospital is an olympic athelete and fit as a fiddle until he had his flu and covid jabs on the same day. he ended up in casualty as he collapsed from vertigo and as far as i know theve put it down to the jabs which had triggered someting off.

• Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    edited 1. Nov 2023, 10:08
    Options

Thanks, MrDJ. Not a silly question at all. I did have a flu jab, but it was a couple of days after the dizziness started. So I think I was already coming down with the virus at that point and it only really kicked in properly that night. The dizziness was the initial symptom, which lasted a few days before the stomach problems set in - plus migraine episodes. I put the Covid jab off until last week, when I was feeling a little better.

• MrDJ
    MrDJ Member Posts: 279
    Options

I saw him today and hes still suffering. found it well documented online that the covid jab has affected quite a lot of diziness and vertigo.