37 with Hip OA and contstant pain

Options
Jon46
Jon46 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:11 in Living with arthritis

Hi guys,

Ive recently been diagnosed after a year of hip and lower back pain with Hip OA. It is and has been pretty debilitating so far as i have two young children and with full time.

Hoping that there might be some people who can relate or have gone through it and found ways to improve and reduce pain. I’m not looking to play sport, just daily life without constant pain!

Feel like it’s a bit of a minefield knowing what to do to make changes and what my new normal is or can be.

Any helpful or empathetic thoughts welcome!

Jonny

Comments

• yaz239
    yaz239 Member Posts: 52
    Options

Hello @Jon46 and welcome to the community!

On here you'll be able to find support and advice from other people living with arthritis. The best way to seek support is through engaging on the forum, if you feel comfortable doing so.

Here's some information that you may find useful:

Osteoarthritis (OA) of the hip | Hip pain | Versus Arthritis

Best wishes, Yas (Mod)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Angie21
    Angie21 Member Posts: 3
    Options

I’ve recently had a knee replacement and now need a hip replacement. Unfortunately the pain and the way I am walking is affecting my new knee. Any help or suggestions appreciated.. thank you

• Angie21
    Angie21 Member Posts: 3
    Options

I’ve recently had a knee replacement and now need a hip replacement. Unfortunately the pain and the way I am walking is affecting my new knee. Any help or suggestions appreciated.. thank you