I’m new , any advice please

Options
Jane888
Jane888 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:11 in Living with arthritis

Hi

I was diagnosed with severe arthritis in my cervical, thoracic and lumber spine following a mri scan . Multiple problems such as myelopathy discs collapses and nerves trapped. Still awaiting spinal surgery input. However my pain is all over in my hands, ankles, arms etc. Continuing deep pain and stiffness with swelling and limited movement. Blood tests came back negative for rheumatoid arthritis which is good but my condition is just all over which doesn’t follow a normal pattern for osteoarthritis? I’m tired constantly and so restricted in movement I can’t do “ normal “ everyday tasks without being exhausted and in pain .

My GP has now referred me to a rheumatologist . I just don’t seem to be getting anywhere with the waiting lists being what they are and I’m just so frustrated in nog knowing exactly what’s going on ! Any advice ?

Thanks

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,628
    edited 31. Oct 2023, 06:51
    Options

Hi @Jane888

Welcome to the online community.

I can see from your post that you have a lot going on not all of it feeling connected with your diagnosis of spinal arthritis. It's good that you have a GP who has referred you to a Rheumatologist for an opinion in spite of testing negative for Rheumatoid Factor. A Rheumatologist as you probably already know deals with inflammatory types of arthritis of which there are many more than just Rheumatoid Arthritis. You will be seeing the right person.

I do hope your appointment comes through soon. In the meantime it might help you to take a look at this information and see if there is anything which might help you cope while you are waiting.

Previous members have contacted the secretary, once they know who the Rheumatologist is, offering to take a cancellation appointment at short notice. If you feel that's something you are able to do it might speed things up a little.

Best wishes

Ellen.