In need of support
Hello, my name is Ann. I have suffered from arthritis since hitting the menopause back in 2006. I feel I have not been taken seriously and often feel very isolated - it’s as though others think moaning about arthritis is somehow amusing. Not funny at all, of course - but that doesn’t mean I want to be miserable about my symptoms; it would just be lovely to chat with someone who understands.
I know I’m lucky - hands, feet and knees only, and I do look for exercise advice. It’s that upsetting feeling of helplessness and frustration when I struggle to open that tight bottle top, etc.
So pleased to have found this community; thank you to all who run it for us :)
For now, we need to keep smiling through the relentless rain, don’t we?
With best wishes,
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 222 Work and financial support
- 675 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 14 Food and Diet
- 257 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 334 Chat and News
- 30 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe