Hello!!

Options
Lizziemck58
Lizziemck58 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:11 in Living with arthritis

Hi!

I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis in May and am just about to start taking methotrexate tomorrow (!). Luckily, I don’t work on Fridays so it seemed like a good place to start.

I’ve been looking at some of the topics on here and will be reading more, hopefully to get some tips and info to help me on my journey.

Thanks in advance for any help 😀

Comments

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 763
    edited 3. Nov 2023, 09:36
    Options

Hello @Lizziemck58 welcome to the online community

You were diagnosed with RA in May and today is your first day taking methotrexate. We are a safe and friendly group who are here to support you. As you mentioned the community has a host of information to browse through but it also has a huge number of members willing to share their advice and tips on how they cope with living with arthritis. It is a marvellous resource!

I attach some links which I hope you will find useful

https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/treatments/drugs/methotrexate/

There are loads of discussions and activities to follow and I hope you find time to look at and join in with them, especially the exercise videos because it is important to keep our joints and muscles as mobile and flexible as possible.

Let us know how you get on with Mtx but be aware that it does take a few weeks to start making a difference.

Best wishes

Poppyjane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.