Hand pain

Options
Minicooper61_
Minicooper61_ Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:11 in Living with arthritis

Hi I've just joined, I've had arthritis since 2013, , my worst thing giving me grief at the moment is thumb and wrist pain, am so sick of being in pain every single day, I know there are millions going through the same, so was wandering if anyone has idea as to what I can do to stop pain, I've had the steroid injection, worked wonderful first time, but 2nd didn't touch it, I've done ice , heat, am about to try caster oil , rubbing on hand and keeping warm, any more ideas welcome, thanks for reading,

Comments

• Naomi33
    Naomi33 Moderator Posts: 280
    Options

Hello @Minicooper61_ welcome to the online community.

We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that will be your experience as well.

I believe you are enquiring about hand pain and exercise the following links maybe of use .......

Personally I am suffering to with hands and wrists at the moment, I am sat here typing with tens machine (advert with Ian Botham) gloves on which really help me obviously everyone different??

Please keep posting and let us know how you are getting on and I am sure others will connect with you soon.

With best wishes

@Naomi33

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Moira
    Moira Member Posts: 88
    Options

I have physio exercises and splits that help a lot. I'm awaiting hand surgery.

The best advice is to keep moving. Get a ball of plasticene (I have Therapy Putty, I bought it on-line as advised by the OT at the hospital). Check on-line or ask for a physio appointment to get the appropriate exercises.

Good luck.

• Welsh1
    Welsh1 Member Posts: 73
    Options

I have hand and fingers pain improving since started on meds tried lots of things heat and gloves help me. So do gentle stretches which are on this website hard when in pain I know. When I had wrist pain severe. The splits help greatly as previous poster said. Not sure if you are on meds or pain killers.