Zoe project? Zoe.com

Options
redcargirl
redcargirl Member Posts: 1
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:11 in Living with arthritis

Hi everyone,

I’m new to arthritis, and haven’t a diagnosis yet. I suspect RA but the rheumatologist wants to make sure. I’m on anti-inflammatories, amitriptyline and tramadol at night but no DMARD as yet.

I want to know whether anybody in your community has tried the Zoe project. My sister who has MS has just started it and it measures your gut biome, your glycaemic index and suggests a non-inflammatory diet. It’s not cheap and I wonder whether it might be useful, especially to see whether I can control the inflammation, stiffness and pain without DMARDS.

Many thanks

Anne

Comments

• Louisa77
    Louisa77 Administrator Posts: 252
    Options

Hi @redcargirl

Welcome to the Online Community.

I hope all goes well with your diagnosis and you get on the right medication for your arthritis very soon.

I know about the Zoe project but don't know anyone who's using it so hopefully members will posts if they are aware of any info.

All the best

Louisa (mod)

Need more help? Call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Moira
    Moira Member Posts: 88
    Options

It seems excessively expensive to me. I would like to see longitudianl results but can't find any. I would take advice from you rhumatologist. It may work but there are an awful lot of "magic" cures out there.

Good luck with getting the right medication. Arthritis is complex.

• Welsh1
    Welsh1 Member Posts: 73
    Options

Hi take a look at books written about RA there is good information about diet available without resorting to expensive schemes. I was recommended a American guy so expensive and information not rocket science

• Welsh1
    Welsh1 Member Posts: 73
    Options

Get off the tramadol ASAP seen people struggling to get off it.