Options
gilly59
gilly59 Member Posts: 6
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:11 in Living with arthritis

Hi, I have had arthritis for over 30 years. A few years ago I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis as well! I also suffer with nerve damage in both legs due to a spinal op (think I was at the front of the que for stuff!).

Sometimes life is very isolating and lonely and to speak to others with chronic pain and limitations in their day to day life could help me.

Thank you for reading this

Comments

• Nurina
    Nurina Member Posts: 286
    Options

Hi @gilly59

It's difficult to explain pain to those that doesn't suffer it. It's like explaining what's love. I've had RA since I was a little girl. I don't know how is to live without pain and limitations. Yes, it's isolating.

Big hugs

X

• linda56
    linda56 Member Posts: 3
    Options

Hi I have had osteoarthritis in my right hip I have had x-ray that bin confirmed it has got worse I have good days and rilly bad days I never thought at 56 I be like this I still work but struggling to keep going just asked to drop my hours since I've joined here I have noticed that there people younger than me I've just applied to do 12 week pain relief program at Nuffield I heard about it on here they ringing me in few weeks

• Naomi33
    Naomi33 Moderator Posts: 280
    Options

Hello @linda56 and welcome to the online community.

We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that will be your experience as well.

I found the Nuffield Pain Management course very good and would highly recommend it to everyone to try. People are all different and the course looks at you as individuals there is also a Escape Pain course which may be of interest link ......

Please keep posting and let us know how you are getting on and I am sure others will connect with you soon.

With best wishes

@Naomi33

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Naomi33
    Naomi33 Moderator Posts: 280
    Options

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm