Surgery for E.A in fingers.

Options
Awesomeanji
Awesomeanji Member Posts: 5
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:11 in Living with arthritis

Long post, apologies. 1st app with Rheumatologist was offered steroid injections which had minor effect overall. 2nd app with Rheumatologist, was advised that steroid injections would not help as bones have no space, to badly deformed to benefit. Have been referred to hand surgeon for tendonopathy and possible bone fusion. Worried since I'm Osteophenic now and having broken my ulna many years ago, was in plater 1st time round for 10 weeks as the bone hadn't fused, out of plaster for 2.5 weeks, bone broke again, back in plaster for another 10 weeks, followed by 3 months in a plaster splint. Is there anyone out there who has been through finger bone fusion?, could you give any advise on how long it took you to recover etc, how much your movement has been affected etc, if the op goes straightforward. Knowing my luck n past history, it probably won't end up that way for me, I'm always the awkward one!. Many thanks in advance of your replies. Have a great day everyone x

Comments

• Naomi33
    Naomi33 Moderator Posts: 278
    Options

Morning @Awesomeanji

Please do not apologise for long message and sharing your concerns.😘

Please keep posting and let us know how you are getting on and I am sure others will connect with you soon.

With best wishes

@Naomi33

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,628
    Options

The only person I can remember who had finger joints done was @dorcas and this goes back quite a way.

She had quite a few surgeries and if she was a regular poster I know she would have helped you.

I found this 'old' thread in which Dorcas does talk about her recovery.

@Awesomeanji Given how hard it was for me to find anything for you I wonder whether you might feel able to let us know how you get on?

My best wishes

Ellen.