Hello to everyone newby here

Options
David_98
David_98 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:11 in Living with arthritis

Hi,All was diagnosed years ago with osteoathritis in toes,Ankles ,fingers ,wrists and back . Now diagnosed with psoriatic athritis as well now and on methotrexate . Im awaiting results of my MRI scan ,to see how my spine is now .my Back aches everyday .but when i get a flair up about twice a week my feet swell up and very painful and struggle to walk .

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 975
    Options

Hello @David_98 and welcome to the online community,

I see that you have been living with osteoarthritis for several years and have recently been diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis. You’ve been put on methotrexate, which many members have found has been very effective in controlling pain and flare-ups. However, it does take a while ( up to 12 weeks) to start having an effect, so hopefully, you’ll soon notice the difference. I’ve put a couple of links below about methotrexate and psoriatic arthritis that you might like to read:

All our members live with some form of arthritis, and are keen to share their experiences and suggestions, so I hope you find plenty of useful information on the virus. Do have a look around, and ask any questions you may have.

Best wishes,

Anna ( Moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm