Worried

Options
Simpson
Simpson Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:11 in Living with arthritis

I'm 80 had a hip op 4yrs ago. I lost my husband and don't know what to do.lve a lovely daughter,but don't want her to cope if I get worse lm worrying about money savings going down

Comments

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 1,005
    Options

Hello @Simpson and welcome to the Community. You are now among friends you just haven't chatted to yet. It can be worrying but we are all here for you. Please join in on some of the conversations or if you just want to have a chat have a look at Val's Cafe.

Take a look at the following

There might be something to help you.

Please keep posting now you are here.

Best wishes

Peter

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options

Hello @Simpson and welcome from me too.

I'm lucky enough to still have my husband but I've had arthritis for most of my life (including new hips and knees) and I have adult children so I have some idea of how you are feeling.

I totally get the idea of not wanting your daughter to have to cope if things get really rough BUT, unfortunately, if we bring our children up to be caring people, she will want to.

However, we can do our best, as you're trying to do, to ensure that doesn't have to happen or, at least, doesn't have to impinge on them too much.

I would suggesy you ring Age UK. I think they could talk you through any benefits you might be entitled to and also point you towards any improvements you can make in your home. Your local council's Adult Social Care Dept. (You can ring them yourself) could be really helpful here.

Lastly, there's us☺ Do 'pop into' Val's Cafe'. Have a chat with new friends over a virtual cup of tea or coffee And enjoy☺e

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright