Hello everyone Needing help to cope

Options
Bronwyn
Bronwyn Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:11 in Living with arthritis

I have arthritis in my hip, knee, hands,and feet also elbow and spondylosis in my spine

I struggle with walking and standing, but get uncomfortable after sitting for a short time

I have difficulty reaching my neck with my right arm

flare ups are especially hard to cope with so would welcome any help and advice

thankyou for reading

Comments

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 1,015
    Options

Hello @Bronwyn and welcome to the Community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that will be your experience as well.

I understand that you have arthritis in a number of your joints and looking for help and advice in how to cope, especially with flare-ups. You are in the right place as we have many members in similar situations and I am sure some will connect with you to share. In the meantime have a look at the following which might help.

Please keep posting now you are here

Best wishes

Peter

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,453
    Options

Hi @Bronwyn I just wanted to say hello

I think you should ask to see an occupational therapist. Your Dr can refer you. They are the absolute experts at solving problems we have coping with everyday life. Also a physio might be able to help with your mobility.

I'm glad you can at least get online and hope you'll get something out of reading our posts and probably helping other people too.

Take care

Toni x

• Rina
    Rina Member Posts: 85
    Options

Hi @Bronwen, are you on any medication? I’m not sure if you’ve got rheumatoid or osteo arthritis but I know that it can take a while for medications to start working, especially for rheumatoid- can be up to 12 weeks. If you’ve been on the same meds for a while, maybe it’s time to have them reviewed?

Also, have you thought about seated exercise? There are some lovely exercises on the Versus Arthritis website that help to strengthen your joints and also help with the pain.

All the best, Rina 😊