Newbe

Options
Soulsister
Soulsister Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:11 in Living with arthritis

Hi I've just joined I have arthritis in hands wrists and knees.

It started when I damaged my knee new years eve then by feb/march was having trouble holding pens opening any thing.

Thankfully that flare up has subsided so only a few niggles.

At the moment have bad chest infection so can't take my medication as on antibiotics but I have no energy or will to do any thing ..is this part of the arthritis?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited 22. Nov 2023, 10:33
    Options

Hi @Soulsister

Welcome to our Online Community, thank you for taking the time to join us, we are a friendly group of people who hope that your experience with us will be helpful in the future.

You mentioned having having arthritis in your hands wrist and knees, pleased your niggles have subsided, but you mentioned lacking in energy - this is very normal I have attached some info about fatigue which might help with some techniques to try.

Managing fatigue | Causes, self-help, support (versusarthritis.org)

Best wishes

Chris (Moderator)

• janiebin
    janiebin Member Posts: 53
    Options

Hi @Soulsister

I have pain in my hands and wrists and have a few kitchen gadgets for opening jars and tins which help. There are also thick pencils and pens which are easier to hold. All can be found online.

I had a bad chest infection back in September/ October and stopped my Methotrexate then waited for my Covid booster and flu jab so have been off it for 3 months. Just had a blood test and will hope to start again next week. Thankfully I have not had any problems.... apart from the usual fatigue that goes with RA.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Janiebin