Benefits

Options

I'm still waiting on my diagnosis (appointment in January) once I have this I was wondering who to contact to make sure I'm receiving all the financial help that is available.

Comments

• Rina
    Rina Member Posts: 85
    Options

Hi @Katherine , I found this very useful:

Good luck with your diagnosis, Rina 😊

• cranny60
    cranny60 Member Posts: 1
    Options

Hello .I have been laid off at work due to cutbacks .I have had arthritis in my toe and past year not got itin lower spine and hips also knees hurting to can't get no money

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 763
    Options

Hello @cranny60 welcome to the online community,

Life has a way of sending us hurdles, so to be laid off and be coping with pain from a number of arthritic joints is a considerable set of hurdles. Some members of the community have taken this sort of setback to take time to have a look at their life and re assess what they want to do. Retrain? Downsize? Start hobbies? All things to think about.

First though investigating getting your money sorted is a crucial hurdle to overcome.

If it would be helpful to talk to our helpline they are open Monday - Friday 9.00 - 6.00 0800 5200 520 .

You could also contact your local Citizens Advice https://citizensadvice.org.uk Helpline 03454 040506

The link in the post above is also really helpful so I hope that you will find one of these suggestions gives you a solution.

Let us know how you get on.

Best wishes

Poppyjane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.