Hi everyone I have just joined

Options
c1_
c1_ Member Posts: 1

My names Claire I am 50 I have had psoratic arthritis and psoriasis for last 20 years o take methotrexate and cosentyx I tried the herbal way but it was horrendous. So hi everyone feel on my own with this disease so was so happy to this . Does anybody take vitamins with their methotrexate as I feel I need them but when I go I to a health store as soon as I mention what I am on they say talk to your consultant when I talk to my consultant he says speak to a pharmacist in my menopause as well .... just shoot me now xx

Comments

• chrisb
    chrisb Moderator Posts: 682
    Options

Hi @c1_  

Welcome to the versus arthritis forum. 

I can see your dilemma which must be frustrating for you. 

I’ve had a quick look at our website and the following link may be useful: 

I’m sure there will be forum members who can provided more input than I am able. 

Best Wishes

ChrisB (Moderator)

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 758
    Options

Hi @c1_

If you go to the small magnifier symbol on the tool bar top right, click on menopause and /or PsA and / or supplements you can find members discussions and advice sharing on loads of subjects which I hope you will find helpful. There are also information sheets on the VA website . Do get back to us when you have had a chance to explore, ask more questions and join in with conversations.

Best wishes

Poppyjane (Moderator)

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.

• poppyflower
    Options

Hi Claire

What a lovely pic !

When I was on methotrexate the drs gave me folic acid to take , but I'm not sure if it depends on your bloods or not ,

I'm not on that now so I can't remember.

Hope you have something sorted out by now as I see this is from Dec.

Take care Poppy x