Hip Surgery

Options
jw69
jw69 Member Posts: 1
edited 11. Dec 2023, 14:39 in Living with arthritis

I just joined and am looking forward to getting support in this life changing disability!! To Carol PM who wrote in Sept, I have total hip surgery this coming Monday. How crazy Carol mentioned having plantar fasciitis!! It’s horrid o. Top of other OA pain. I didn’t see a Dr in time to get steroid injection and the prosthetics office suggested waiting until after recovery. It’s like walking on raw wounds, plus the cutting stabbing pain of hip arthritis. I need further surgeries, and trying to stay positive. I’ve seen a lot of suffering with arthritis as a daughter and nurse. Now I try to live in my situation. I sure offer prayers to all of you!! 🥰

Moved from Activity wall Post - Peter (Admin)

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,644
    Options

Hi @jw69

I just wanted to wish you all the best for your surgery coming up on Monday. I hope you'll let us know how you get on.

You mention @CarolPM in your post I hope by adding a '@' in front of her name she might just get an email prompt to read your comment to her in your post.

Best wishes

Ellen.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,477
    Options

Hi @jw69

Just wanted to wish you luck for Monday I hope all goes well.

Take care

Toni x

• Loggiemod
    Loggiemod Member Posts: 222
    Options

All the best for the surgery @jw69 and hope you have a good receovery.

Might be useful having a look at

Some usefult hints and tips

• Janlyn
    Janlyn Member Posts: 389
    Options

@jw69 wishing you all the very best for Monday. I’m just ahead of you, all being well, mine is Saturday.

Take care, all the very best!

• swimmer60
    swimmer60 Member Posts: 202
    Options

@Janlyn and @jw69

Very best wishes to you both and hoping your ops are as transformative as mine has been.

• Janlyn
    Options

@swimmer60 Thank you, I’ve just come back from final pre-op blood tests, fingers crossed all ok. Trying not to get too nervous.

So good to hear yours has been transformative.

• swimmer60
    swimmer60 Member Posts: 202
    Options

@Janlyn

Really good you've come through the pre-op tests. It's the waiting isn't it? A friend of mine is also having her op next Monday, just wants it over now.

I was nervous too but the anaesthetist was lovely, explained everything and was immensely reassuring. A wee prick on my wrist, the next moment I was waking up and it was all over! Oh the relief. Apparently I got to 3!

• Teresapescado
    Options

Hope all went well, good luck for your new hip, new journey x

• Teresapescado
    Options

• Janlyn
    Options

@jw69 - just hoping your surgery went ahead on Monday as planned and you are on the road to recovery? Mine went ahead on Saturday and I'm making, I think, slow buy steady progress.

• Denis68
    Denis68 Member Posts: 54
    Options

@jw69

Hope your surgery went ok on Monday. I had mine then. Now home and making slow but steady progress