Vacuum Cleaners with Raynaurds +Osteoarthritis

Options

Hi I have a Dog do you have any recommendations on a Vacuum I have a 2012 Vax Mach air Uprigjt with cableit only works effectively with suction hose not sweeper by hand exhausting and now impossible a loud squeeling sound means hose has gone. I have to replace it due Raynauds now diagnosed to avoid damage to my hands. Any suggestions please.

Thanks

GalaxyA12

Comments

• helpline_team
    Options

Hi @GalaxyA12

Thank you for posting on our Online Community, unfortunately we cannot recommend or endorse individual products.

It may be possible to visit one of the larger electrical stores and ask one of the assistants if you could try a few of the products to see which one is suitable for you. Or you could perhaps look at WHICH or contact the disabled living foundation. The Disabled Living Foundation (DLF) give impartial advice about gadgets and equipment to help make life easier. Tel: 0300 999 0004. 

Hopefully one of our members who have experienced the same may be able help, fingers crossed.

Best wishes

Chris (Helpline Advisor)

• BettyMac
    BettyMac Member Posts: 208
    Options

Hi Galaxy A12

I’m a convert to cylinder types as you’re mostly just moving the bits that don’t weigh much. Mine pulls along on wheels quite nicely. My shoulders don’t like me using an upright type now.

I tried a lightweight upright model but it needed constant pressure on the trigger to make it work and my hands couldn’t cope. My cylinder has an on/off button which is foot operated.

Hope you find something that works for you

BM

• helpline_team
    Options

Hi@GalaxyA12

Which? tests vacuums and scores over ease of use and weight. You can read Which? free at reference libraries - (or there's online of course). Once you've made a list of the good ones you can go at pick them up and see them at a big department store before you buy.

hope that helps

all the best

Guy - Helpline Team