Free NHS covid tests for eligible people - England centric
I’ve been having quite a lot of hassle sourcing free LFTs
We used to get them via the NHS website but that service has been discontinued.
The new system is that we should be able to pick them up from a local pharmacy, after giving info which proves eligibility.
My problem was finding a pharmacy that A, knew about this and B, was registered to provide the service.
After chasing my tail for several weeks, I have finally found something positive.
You can find out which nearest pharmacy offers this service by entering “NHS Pharmacy Finder” into a search engine.
Put in your postcode and a list of local pharmacies will come up. Then it’s a case of clicking on each one and looking at the services they provide until you find one which fits the bill.
My nearest one turned out to be the chemist inside a Major Supermarket Superstore, beginning with T.
Good to know someone is up to speed with this!
Remember - you don’t have to go in person; someone else can collect them for you if they take along all of the relevant details
- My ICB couldn’t name a specific pharmacy but, after some misdirection, did come back to me with this info about the pharmacy finder tool
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 18 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.8K Our Community
- 9K Living with arthritis
- 76 Hints and Tips
- 228 Work and financial support
- 718 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 3 Want to Get Involved?
- 393 Young people's community
- 8 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 42 My Triumphs
- 135 Let's Move
- 26 Sports and Hobbies
- 18 Food and Diet
- 261 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 18 Community Feedback and ideas
- 355 Chat and News
- 37 Val's Cafe
- 283 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe