Me VS RA

Options

I am in my late 20s and I am trying to defeat RA so anyone trying to do the same please feel free to connect. Let's fight RA together

Comments

• PeterJ
    PeterJ Administrator Posts: 896
    Options

Hello @MeVSRA and welcome to the Community, I hope you enjoy your time here.

There are many on here with RA - some got it young, so hopefully they will connect with you soon to share their experiences.

Meanwhile have a look at some of the stories of young people who've lived with arthritis - there may be some good hints and tips - try the following link Young People Stories

Best wishes

Peter

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options

Hi there,

Aged 15, 63 years ago, I was diagnoseed with RA. I don't see how RA can be 'defeated'. We have faulty, overactive immune systems which attack our own bodies.

BUT

I think it's very possible to live well with RA. I have done. And many others do. We just have to live sensibly (that's the hard bit!), priotitise, let go of the trivia and focus on the important bits.

Have you seen Arthur's Place? It's for young people with arthritis. Have a look. https://arthursplace.co.uk/

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright