My recent experience re osteoarthritis

Options

Hi new here but thought I would post this weeks experience with gp. I have osteoarthritis in back knees feet and fingers and I live with that. I have avoided knee replacements for 5 years by using APOS THERAPY ( special boots) with a physio but recently they have been getting worse as it seemed every other joint in my body. My walking became limited and my legs and back seemed to spasm! I have seen go many times and told take paracetamol exercise lose weight etc etc. this week I had enough and said this is ruining my life there must be something else wrong. Blood tests Thursday - Friday he contacted and said Fojate levels lie and I needed folic acid straight away and for 3 months initially. He said this naybe why you have muscle weakness!!! Anybody else experienced this- I would be interested to know!

Comments

• Janettoz
    Janettoz Member Posts: 6
    Options

Sorry fir spelling FOLATE LEVEKS LOW

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 1,037
    Options

Hello @Janettoz and welcome to the Community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that will be your experience as well.

There are many people on here who take folic acid and if you do a search (magnifying glass at top) it brings up lots of results so it may be worth having a read through some of them.

You might also be interested to read

I hope that you find something that works for you, please keep us posted.

Best wishes

Peter

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm