How does Val’s cafe work. Would love to join

Options
Woofy
Woofy Member Posts: 276

want to join in but not sure what you post and don’t post, and the pictures what’s that about?😀

Comments

• Charlestown
    Charlestown Member Posts: 226
    Options

I want to join too

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 1,022
    Options

Anyone can join - new people always welcome. Juts add in comments the way you do now.

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,156
    Options

Hi @Woofy do pop in to the cafe for a virtual cup of tea if you're passing 😊 it's just chat of the sort you'd expect in a cafe including health but usually just bits & bobs of people's days & what they're doing. Pictures help break up the pages so that it's easier to find your place (eg you might remember you read as far as the nice pic of a teapot or a photo of the Taj Mahal or Alice in Wonderland) but also just lovely things to look at. It's a good place for people to post things like their gardens & pets etc as well. No need to read everything people put, of course, mine is usually just trivia 😉 just call in & say hello or whatever. Hope things as well as poss with you at the moment :) ☕️

• Charlestown
    Options

Welcome @Woofy 😀👋

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,466
    Options

I totally agree anyone can pop in for a virtual cuppa.

the café was set up originally by Valval who sadly died of cancer some years ago now.

It's for anyone who wants to just chat. Of course there are regulars like myself, Bosh, Skinny Keef and Toady, but really everyone is welcome.

We just chat drivel mostly - about our gardens (my cat Sleek who apparently can drive, wrap parcels, wash up and travels all over the country!) our families and less about our arthritis. We do talk to each other about that but usually in the manner of friends, supportively. Checking in.

No-one needs to read every post as Toady said just pop in make a cuppa and say hello☺️

Toni x

• Woofy
    Woofy Member Posts: 276
    Options

Anyone else growing webbed feet lately. Fed up of this constant rain. My old bones aren’t liking it either.

• poppyflower
    Options

Hi Woofy

Yes I'm definitely getting webbed feet to 🦆

I bet we get a hosepipe ban in the summer 😂😂😂

Poppy x

• Charlestown
    Options

@Woofy Yes! Lots to do outside but too wet to do it. Garden centres now selling veg & bedding plants but not enough sun yet to plant out 😫

• kayemm
    kayemm Member Posts: 8
    Options

Hello I’m new to the community, just looking around and found Val’s cafe. In need of a cuppa after my dog walk . Comment about wellies made me smile, not sure about proposing to mine, we’re certainly in each other’s company a lot.. hope to catch up soon 🐾🐾

• Naomi33
    Naomi33 Moderator Posts: 280
    Options

Hello @kayemm and welcome to the online community.

Please keep posting and walking just be prepared for rain dont let it spoil a good walk.

Best wishes @naomi33

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• kayemm
    Options

Hi Naomi33 thankyou for the welcome, another good walk with Jackson, weather stayed fine but very cold. Treated myself to a swim and sauna afterwards to warm up. Photo of Jackson
    Hope everyone’s had a good Easter and being spoilt a little bit

• Charlestown
    Options

hi @kayemm welcome

Its been a lovely day here sunny & a breeze. Great photo of the dog did u use a phone camera? Great day for a walk, ive been busy at home today. Happy easter 😀🌻🌞🌹🌼🌸🌺

• kayemm
    Options

Morning Charlestown, what a change in the weather we’re back to the falling wet stuff 😣. Love taking photos and yes all with my mobile. Do you have a pet?
    Little bit of housework going on here then it’s out, rain or shine and we’re off.

Anyone else in Val’s, hope your ok enjoy your cuppa!! 👋

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,466
    Options

What an absolutely gorgeous dog @kayemm !

Just so you know this is a link to the actual 'Val's café '

Just to give you some history the café idea was by a lovely lady called @valval who sadly died of cancer probably about 2013 I was either first or maybe 2nd to pop in. It used to be a really popular thread people popping in all day long and in those days we all posted emojis right left and centre.

Nowadays it's much quieter with a small group of us popping in most days just checking in and supporting each other as well as having a laugh. We are all a bit mad (Charlestown is our newest member and fits in very well!) if you want to join us we'd love to have you on board. No need to post every day if it's too much just pop in when you can.

Take care

Toni x