How does Val’s cafe work. Would love to join

Woofy
Woofy Member Posts: 252

want to join in but not sure what you post and don’t post, and the pictures what’s that about?😀

Comments

• Charlestown
    Charlestown Member Posts: 61

I want to join too

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 940

Anyone can join - new people always welcome. Juts add in comments the way you do now.

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,043

Hi @Woofy do pop in to the cafe for a virtual cup of tea if you're passing 😊 it's just chat of the sort you'd expect in a cafe including health but usually just bits & bobs of people's days & what they're doing. Pictures help break up the pages so that it's easier to find your place (eg you might remember you read as far as the nice pic of a teapot or a photo of the Taj Mahal or Alice in Wonderland) but also just lovely things to look at. It's a good place for people to post things like their gardens & pets etc as well. No need to read everything people put, of course, mine is usually just trivia 😉 just call in & say hello or whatever. Hope things as well as poss with you at the moment :) ☕️

• Charlestown
    Charlestown Member Posts: 61

Welcome @Woofy 😀👋

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,208

I totally agree anyone can pop in for a virtual cuppa.

the café was set up originally by Valval who sadly died of cancer some years ago now.

It's for anyone who wants to just chat. Of course there are regulars like myself, Bosh, Skinny Keef and Toady, but really everyone is welcome.

We just chat drivel mostly - about our gardens (my cat Sleek who apparently can drive, wrap parcels, wash up and travels all over the country!) our families and less about our arthritis. We do talk to each other about that but usually in the manner of friends, supportively. Checking in.

No-one needs to read every post as Toady said just pop in make a cuppa and say hello☺️

Toni x

• Woofy
    Woofy Member Posts: 252

Anyone else growing webbed feet lately. Fed up of this constant rain. My old bones aren’t liking it either.