Arthritis in Feet

Options

Hello. I am new to this site and have severe arthritis in my feet, which are always burning. Nerve conduction tests, MRI scans and cortisone injections have not provided a solution and i feel the doctors have almost given up on me. Has anyone any advice to offer me please?

Comments

• Charlestown
    Charlestown Member Posts: 254
    Options

Hi Wilmui get it in my toes its so painful it wakes me up at night. I take naproxen when it gets bad. Yours sounds like its alot worse than mine in your feet but i have found comfort in wearing fluffy socks to bed at night & even in day with this cold weather. Also msybe try putting your feet on a heat wrap or wrap up a hot water bottle in a towel under your feet but plse be careful dont stand your weight on it. Msybe safer to use a heat wrap. Hope you find some comfort soon 👍😊😊

• Wilmur
    Wilmur Member Posts: 7
    Options

Thank you Charlestown. Sadly my feet are perpetually burning and I have to sit in bare feet to be comfortable so fluffy socks and hot water bottles don't work. I am only taking Paracetamol at the mo but I think my consultant wants me to try Gabapentin or Pregabalin (Both of which I have never heard of) but I'm waiting for my GP to approve one of these.

• Charlestown
    Charlestown Member Posts: 254
    Options

Hi @Wilbur i think your consultant knows best. Paracetamol is obviously not enough so you have nothing to lose by trying further medications. I hope you try them asap & i hope they work. Keep us posted x