Termination of employment

Options

Hello. I'm new to the community and am looking for some advice.

I suffer from and am being treated for Rheumatoid Arthritis. I told my employer this when I took the job. Recently I have had a lot of time off due to flare ups.

My employer reduced my workload to 3 days to help me recover. But yesterday I was called into a meeting and told they are terminating my employment as the situation has become untenable.

Are they allowed to do this?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments

• Trish9556
    Trish9556 Member Posts: 532
    Options

Hi @krisbrook2011

I'm so sorry to read this. I suggest, in the first place, you contact your local Citizen's Advice Bureau who will be able to advise you as to your rights and who you need to contact and where for what I can imagine would turn out to be unfair dismissal but, you need the proper, legal advice.

If you have any copies of correspondence detailing that you advised your employer about your medical history and anything from them at the start of, and through your employment would become extremely useful as any evidence.

Good luck

Trish xx

• chrisb
    chrisb Moderator Posts: 684
    Options

Hi @krisbrook2011

Welcome to the versus arthritis forum.

If having spoken with Citizen's Advice you feel you need further input then I suggest you ring our helpline who should be able to help you understand your rights.

Best Wishes

ChrisB (Moderator)

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm