RA. And breathlessness

Options

Hello

has anybody any advice/experience with symptoms of breathlessness I am experiencing this and finding so debilitating it comes on every time I exert myself walking getting a shower etc really struggling with it is it connected to RA I’ve had X-ray spirometery ecg all come back normal

could it be connected to RA

thanks Ruth

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options

R.A. can affect our lungs. So can the meds we need to take for it. Contact your rheumatology helpline. Maybe a change of DMARD would help.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Gadgetgirl
    Gadgetgirl Member Posts: 40
    Options

Hi there. Sorry to hear this. I did read somewhere, can't remember if on this site or on the Versus Arthritis on Facebook about lung nodules that are caused from RA. A woman who's husband started like you and was ignored. They did eventually get the diagnosis. If I can find the thread or article I will try and come back and add a link. But look up Lung Nodules RA.

• ruth1980
    ruth1980 Member Posts: 4
    Options

Thank you that’s really helpfull I am under rheumatology and they are aware of my situation have just started reducing steroids but didn’t say why had a blood test which show inflammatory markers were up I’m on methatrixate and going to start on toolzumab a bio therapy

your comments is really interesting to me and I will certainly take it further

thank you so much

ruth