Not sure what to do next

Options

Previous mri and X-rays showed I have osteoarthritis in hip, Femoroacetabular impingement and severely degenerated pubic symphasis. 

Had increasing severe pain allover hips and mobility severely impacted -hip consultant very dismissive after latest MRI results and said no problems in hips that could be helped with

surgical input - and couldn’t get me out of the room quick enough

I have attached the mri report

What now?

Comments

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 770
    Options

Hello @xenia555 welcome to the online community

You have been experiencing severe back pain and increased immobility and have seen a consultant recently who said that your condition could not be helped with surgical intervention. This has prompted you to ask "what now?".

We are a friendly group who are here to support anyone affected by living with arthritis , and whilst there is a wealth of experience among our members, we on the Moderating team are not medically qualified to interpret your MRI results. We are able to offer you information and advice from the personal experiences that have been shared on the community and this is an amazing and valuable resource. Therefore we suggest that you seek a second medical opinion to clarify your way forward.

Meanwhile we would suggest being as proactive as possible and assess what life style changes you might consider looking at diet, exercise etc. All these are proven by many of our members to be beneficial to their physical and mental wellbeing.

I attach some links which I hope you will find helpful.

https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/conditions/back-pain/

The community has a wide variety of discussions, activities and advice and I do hope you will browse round and join in with us.

Do let us know how you get on.

Take care

Poppyjane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.