Positive CCP in Teen

Options

My daughter, aged 14, has had hypermobility since a toddler. She recently had blood tests done due to painful joints. Her CCP result was positive with a level of 77. Does this mean she has some form of inflammatory arthritis?

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,514
    edited 16. Feb 2024, 13:23
    Options

Hi @Ncol

Thank you for posting on our Chat to Helpline forum and welcome to the Online Community. We are a supportive group and I hope that will be your experience too. I am sorry to hear that your teenage daughter has had hypermobility for some years and recently has been experiencing more pain in her joints. Raised inflammatory markers on blood tests can sometimes be an indication of a type of inflammatory arthritis. Tests for rheumatoid factor and anti-CCP (cyclic citrullinated peptide) antibody are both often strongly positive in patients with rheumatoid arthritis.

Understandably, this is a worrying time for you both. It may help to ask the GP to refer your daughter to a rheumatologist to help ensure the right diagnosis and treatment. Versus Arthritis offer support to younger people with arthritis and their families. We have a special Young People and Families Service.

If you would like to have more replies to your post, you are welcome to repost on our other Forums which are a positive and supportive space where you can ask questions and share experiences with others. Your daughter may wish to post on our Young people's community — Versus Arthritis

If you would like to talk informally and in confidence, you are welcome to call our Free Helpline on 0800 5200 520 weekdays 9am - 6pm.

I hope you find the information given below of some help.

Please keep posting and let us know how you and your daughter are getting on and I am sure that others will connect with you to share their support and experience as well.

Best wishes,

Fiona, Helpline Advisor