Food Vs arthritis

Options

Hi all, has anyone noticed that some foods triggers arthritis flare ups? My consultant rheumatologist told me I can eat anything but I soon realised that's not right! 

I noticed this when eating spicy foods, white potatoes. So I'm taking a note of the ingredients and avoiding them. 

Thank you

Comments

• Naomi33
    Naomi33 Moderator Posts: 278
    Options

Hello @pianoforte

I was advised by a friend to avoid processed foods🤷‍♀️ which is very hard but after having severe flare ups since New Year in hands and arms I am doing a food diary to show consultant to see if there is a common cause from my normal eating pattern??

The following link maybe of help too as like you I am investigating.

Take care @Naomi33

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Splodge
    Splodge Member Posts: 14
    Options

No - flare ups are random for me. I gather evidence is weak for the influence of diet on arthritis - but that a generally healthy diet is, of course, ideal. I understand that sometimes people make what they think is a connection but that other factors confound, or placebo effect comes into play when adjusting diet. This is simply what I've gleaned and may be wrong - so don't quote me on it, as they say ☺️