Medication for osteoarthritis in feet

Options

It has been suggested by my consultant that I try Gabapentin or Pregabalin. I have looked at the medications listed in VA and there is no mention of either of these. Can you tell me whether these drugs are tried and tested please?

Comments

• Naomi33
    Naomi33 Moderator Posts: 280
    Options

Good morning @Wilmur

Everyone is different and every consultant different .

I started off with pain in feet and ankles and was diagnosed with RA but later OA.

I was put on Hydroxychloroquine and know after first year looking at Methotrexate??

I found exercise even though very painful at first really helped me to.

The following link maybe of use.

Best wishes @Naomi33

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• helpline_team
    Options

Hi @Wilmur

Thank you or posting on our Online Community, we are sorry to hear that you have Osteoarthritis (OA) of the feet, Gabapentin and pregabalin are often used for condition that have been affected by arthritis, often for the back and neck area. These drugs can be used to help with irritation of the nerves, often drugs do have side effects so do please check with your GP what these are.

We are sorry we do not have any information on our website but I have found some information on the NHS website, which I hope will help.

Thank you @Naomi33 for adding our link to OA of the foot.

Best wishes

Chris (Helpline Advisor)