Newly diagnosed

Options

Hi folks,

I have recently been diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my right knee and find it painful to walk very far. My doc has ordered an x ray to find out the state of the knee.

Jumping ahead of myself, I am wondering if a cortisone injection might help. Anyone had success with this?

Thanks

Carmine

Comments

• remmingtonwildhunter
    Options

Not had one in my knee but my ankle it was like turning of the pain tap lasted 7 weeks...

• Fran54
    Fran54 Member Posts: 189
    Options

Hi @Carmine

I too have Osteoarthritis in my right knee and also find it painful to walk very far. I had a steroid injection about 5 months ago and it helped ease the pain and gave me mobility for a couple of weeks but that was all. Also, if you are thinking of having any sort of surgery further down the line on your knee after a steroid injection, you would have to wait at least 6 months as you are more prone to any infection.

Hope this helps 🙂

• Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options

I have had many Corte steroid injections, toe joints, shoulders but no joy. Nice if it works for you though?

its a grin, honest!

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 1,015
    Options

Hi @Carmine and welcome to the Community. I hope you have a great time with us and get the support you need.

You might find the following of interest.

Best wishes

Peter

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Carmine
    Carmine Member Posts: 4
    Options

Hi again,

It's usual to have notification of replies to a query on forums but I can't see any way to do this on this forum. I was therefore unaware that I had responses. Thanks to those who did respond.

A.

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 1,015
    Options

Hello @Carmine you will be notified of a reply if people use the @ symbol in front of your username like I have done in this reply. If they don't and just put your username in then you won't be notified.

That unfortunately is how the software works.

Best wishes

Peter

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• cocoa
    cocoa Member Posts: 2
    Options

Hi @Carmine my brother has just had a steroid injection to ease the pain whilst he waits fir replacement so he can holiday abroad but has been told has to wait fir 3 months befire surgery after injection and as he is on cancellation list was reluctant . But decided to go ahead and is pain free at mo and now has surgery app fir end April

• Carmine
    Carmine Member Posts: 4
    Options

@noddingtonpete.

Thanks for the explanation. Seems the system could be improved if it was set up to send automatic notification of replies as many other forums do. How hard can it be?

Cheers

C.