Hello

Options

HI, I have been told by my GP only, I have osteoarthritis in my hands, I feel have it in my hips, back and feet, but not confirmed. I have asked about being referred regarding this but just told by my GP - who just does a flip of their hand gesture and say " its only osteoarthritis, we just carry on with the pain killers and injections" Some days feel harder to move about than others, I take co-codamol ( from my GP) which helps with the pain, I have cortisone injections in my thumb base joint which helps alot and last for about 6 months, I have had these for about 6 yrs now. I am 56 and still work full time. Would like advice if just my GP that confirms the osteoarthritis and arthritis or do I have to have a referral. I also have Fibromyalgia confirmed about 20 yrs ago by rheumatology.

Comments

• PJoanne
    PJoanne Moderator Posts: 40
    Options

Hello @Emja, welcome to the community and thank you for posting. You might like to give the Helpline a call and you can find out about the helpline here : Get help | Helpline, online community, arthritis virtual assistant (versusarthritis.org) .

I am sure someone from the community will be online to share their own experiences.

Best, @PJoanne

• spidergirl
    Options

Hi Emja .simular experience, no one believed me ,despite swelling visible on hands. Knees.drs dismiss as its normal and nothing. It isnt normal or nothing. It is debilitating. Persistence is all I can advise. It took me 3 years to get noticed as I had carried on working. Dont give up,let your voice be heard..I think mine was too quite. Take care.

Sam