Hello

Options

Hello im a 49 year old woman who loved walking and her job caring for the elderly.after a slip from standing on the toilet whilst enjoying a girly holiday in spain ive been told i have arthritis under knee cap quiet bad im told nearly bone on bone it feels like a dramatic change to my life ive been on crutches for 12 weeks unable to work so most of u will understand this as had huge impact of my mental health i have physio every four weeks and do daily exercises for some reason i can walk around my home unaided but i cant outside just want to hear if anyone has had same problem should i be able to walk without crutches by now ? And anyhelp advice how i can gain some life back and be back to my happy self

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,628
    Options

Hello @Paphos2010 welcome to the online community.

It sounds as though your life has taken a sudden and quite dramatic turn following your fall while on holiday in Spain. I am glad to see you must have got home ok!

Being unable to work and struggling with pain and mobility issues does indeed have a huge impact on our mental health you are certainly not alone here. You must be missing the people you support and your colleagues enormously.

Take a look at this information something might help:

I see you are already having physiotherapy, but feel concerned that you are still reliant on mobility aids out of doors. Is this maybe due to fear of falling - at home we have furniture to grab hold of as we move around.

I'll leave you now to meet our members.

Best wishes

Ellen.