Surgery Doctors strike and my anxiety...

Options

Hi to all that read this i have osteo arthritis on the inside of my left leg I've had meniscus clean up surgery almost 2 years ago which hasn't helped so i was put on the waiting list for a High Tibial Osteotomy surgery in October 2022 the wait has been awful but 4 weeks ago i got my date 27th February. Then last week they announced a new round of Doctors strikes 23rd to 28th February which now puts my surgery at risk i have not heard from the Hospital but i expect i will get the call at the end of the week when the strikes begin. All this has me on a roller coaster of emotions and my anxiety levels are through the roof, there is nothing i can do about it and i have accepted its probably not going to happen but the not knowing is making me have crippling anxiety I'm so frustrated with the situation.

Sorry this is just a rant thanks for reading.

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,429
    Options

Hi @cankman

I am fuming for you absolutely livid it's just so unfair. I mean we accept cancellations due to illness/emergencies but this is so unfair.

I hope you hear from them soon unless you can ring to find out one way or another? At least then you'd know...?

((()))

Toni