Inflammatory arthritis and chills

Options

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has these symptoms with arthritis.

By the end of the day, after a day's work, I get terrible chills, where I shiver and can't control it. My whole body is extremely cold. No fever. It takes a good hour to warm up under the duvet with hot bottles and an electric blanket. I'm working from home and moving around. The room temperature is normal.

This is getting worse!

Any help!

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,429
    Options

Never had this @pianoforte yes I've had slightly high temperatures causing this, but not just chills.

Maybe try a hot bath or shower before bed?

Is it worth mentioning to a Dr next time you see one too?

Take care

Toni x

• mosborn11
    mosborn11 Member Posts: 30
    Options

Yeah so wierdly I get almost like 'hot flushes' but I don't get chills. I don't know enough about arthritis to know if this is common sorry!

• Welsh1
    Welsh1 Member Posts: 73
    Options

I can get very cold or quite hot so check with medics

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options

In many years of RA I've never had this. I think I'd probably check with my pharmacist that it's not a side effect of any of my meds - alone or in combination. If not, I'd ring my GP.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,429
    Options

some meds can give you 'hot flushes' including steroids just in case you didn't know. My youngest was on them dexamethasone and it was like she was on the menopause. At 16!

• pianoforte
    pianoforte Member Posts: 25
    Options

Thank you all for your valuable help. I'll mention it to my GP. As you say, it might be a side effect from medication.