Easy way to split tablets in half

Options

I've been doing this for so long I forgot not everyone may be aware…

If your tablet is convex and even better, has an indent marking the middle, simply put it on a flat surface with a finger at either end and press lightly down. The indent will cause it to snap in half. If there’s no indent, the two pieces may be a little uneven but I rarely find it a problem as I just allow the law of averages to put things right throughout the day’s following doses.

Hope this helps a few folk

Comments

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 1,046
    Options

@MilkyTea good idea - thanks. I'm having problems getting the tablets out of the packaging at the moment. Stanley knife comes in useful.

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• HCAcomm1
    HCAcomm1 Member Posts: 13
    Options

Hi, I brought a tablet splitter on a well known auction site, it wasn't very dear, but works well.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,486
    Options

I've got one of those @HCAcomm1 it works very well you line it up that line and pop it down it cuts almost perfectly. Having said that it is much safer to get the meds prescribed in smaller doses I think if at all possible.

Nice to meet you I hope you'll decide to keep posting. This is such a friendly and supportive community you'll be really welcome.

Take care

Toni

• HCAcomm1
    HCAcomm1 Member Posts: 13
    Options

Thank you Toni, it's nice to meet you as I have only just joined this community, because have recently been officially diagnosed with OA. You have made me feel really welcome, and I look forward to reading discussions and join in the conversation.

Roni

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,486
    Options

Hi Roni

Honestly everyone is lovely I saw you joining in already which is great.

Sorry about your recent diagnosis. Getting informed (reliably not Dr google) is totally the way forward and keeping talking too with people who understand.

See you around!

Toni x