Psoriatic Arthritis and Trigger Finger

Options

I had an appointment with an orthopaedics consultant today regarding my trigger fingers which were diagnosed 18 months before I was diagnosed with PsA. This is the 3rd time I've seen this particular consultant in the last year but today he surprised me when he said that PsA and trigger finger go hand in hand - no pun intended. I'd never thought of it as my trigger finger had been diagnosed 18 months before my PsA diagnosis. Having now searched it does indeed appear quite a common link particularly with PsA sufferers who also have enthesitis (as I have). My trigger fingers hadn't triggered since late 2020 when I was given steroid injections into the base of my fingers. However in late 2022 it returned - that coincided with me not needing general steroid injections for my PsA and enthesitis. I think now the regular general steroid injections I was given in my rump through 2021 and early 2022 were actually helping the trigger finger. The consultant today gave me a steroid injection into the base of my worst finger but said that would need be the last as they only give a maximum of two per finger as multiple injections can cause the sheath round the tendon to collapse. The problem for me is that the trigger fingers are on my left hand and I'm left handed.