Help at a loss

Options

Hi

I have OA in both knees and really struggling with walking and cannot stand for long its getting ridiculous trying to my job .I work in a school as cleaner .I have pain most days is there any help financially as I feel I can't do this much longer. 😔

Comments

• helpline_team
    Options

Hi @ Karond123

Thank you for your posting on the online community and I'm sorry that this pain is so hard for you, this must be extremely difficult to manage on a day to day basis. It is important to speak to your doctor to help with managing the pain and maybe asking for a referral to an orthopaedic surgeon who will be able to advise you on any surgical options if it is felt that a knee replacement is an option for you.

There are things you can do to help manage your arthritis, including drug treatments, physiotherapy and exercise. It's also helpful to eat carefully (balanced diet) and follow advice over keeping moving.

In regard to your question about financial help you may want to contact either Citizens Advice, or Turn2us can provide advice and help with financial support and any help available. Tel: 0808 802 2000

I'm attaching some links, and also do feel free to ring the Helpline for some support Tel 0800 5200 520 Mon to Fri 9am-6pm, and we’d be happy to talk through any questions you have.

I really hope this is helpful for you.

Best Wishes

Helen