nightime pain

Options

hi can anyone help me with ways to stop the pain in my knees at night, i am ok in day time as long as i keep active, but at night it is worse, i have taken pills before i go to bed but wondered if there was anything else i could try. thx geoff.

Comments

• Trish9556
    Trish9556 Member Posts: 542
    Options

Hi @geoffh

I struggle with sleeping with my arthritic hips. I take my last tramadol about 10 pm, just before I go to bed

I tend to wake most nights and don't usually get back to sleep afterwards. I can't take any more painkillers as I'm on the maximum allowed now but I did find having two paracetamol when I woke worked quite well before my prescription was changed.

I also used a shaped knee cushion. I tried using a pillow with the knee cushion but that ended up on the floor

I now tend to get up and move about with a cup of hot chocolate and my jigsaw puzzle. After about an hour that usually allows me to get another hour or so if I'm lucky.

I also have a snoozeband which blocks out any residual light and blue tooths to my kindle fire so I can either listen to the radio or a book. It also has a white noise option but I've not tried that. The snoozeband dies work well though.

I'm lucky enough to be retired and can nap during the day if I need to.

Trish xx

• ExTanky763
    Options

Hi all, I’m new to the forum, I have OA in my left hip, I haven’t had a good nights sleep in months, the pain is so bad. So, Tuesday this week I went to the doctor and he prescribed me Mirtazapine, last night (Thursday) I took a Mirtazapine around 8pm, I went to bed at 9.30, my wife said I fell asleep almost instantly, I woke up up at 10 past 8 this morning, that’s the longest I’ve slept in months. Apparently I slept in the same position all night, on my back. Normally it takes me ages to find a position that doesn’t hurt my hip.