feeling like its never goin to get better

Options

hi there, i'm a 53 year old who suffers form osteoarthritis throughout my body, starting form my neck, in both shoulders, in my back, got both hips replaced, and in both my knees. my left knee need replacing as its bone on bone, but they wont do it as i'm waiting for another back operation as although i have arthritis in my back i also have spinal stenosis, lumber canal stenosis, and nerve root compression.i'm struggling really badly to sleep, and i wonder if things are ever going to get better as i feel so down in myself, i don't go out anymore as i suffer badly feeling like i have been run over by a bus.i'm off work as i cant even walk 200 yards without being in pain, i'm typing this and my arms and shoulders are starting to hurt. I just feel like there's no light at the end of the tunnel.Me and my partner don't sleep together anymore as i can't settle.

Does anyone else feel deflated, and there's no light

how am i feeling today? like always i don't think i am living i am just exciting, i can't clean proper, i can't stand over the sink and cut spuds i am in constant pain,. ive had my tablets changed again im on 15mg of MST x2 , 600mg GABERPENTINE x4 and 10mg of nefapram x4 and hey don't take my pain away.

Comments

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 1,047
    Options

Hello @tru70 please have a look at the following

and if you feel in need of more help then try our Helpline, number below

Take care

Peter

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,487
    Options

Hi @tru70

I am so sorry to hear how you are suffering I hope your back operation is at least scheduled??? There needs to be some light for you. Once that is done I hope your knees will be next.

I so feel for you and your husband too. I hope you have some help at home? Carers or supportive family?

Have you thought about ringing the helplines here? I have in the past twice and they were just lovely I cried once so much they patiently waited for me to be able to speak. their number is free 0800 5200 520

Please do keep popping in here you don't have to post much if it hurts it helps a lot of us being able to talk to others in the same position.

Sending you some ((())) and some 💐 you are not alone.

Toni x