Occupational health assessment

Options

Hi there,

My employer has referred me to OH as I've told them I'm struggling to work while waiting on my hip replacement op.

My employer has tried to give me lighter duties but it's not helping much now as my hip gets worse.

Anyone any advice on what I can expect at the meeting tomorrow.

Thanks,

Billy

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,487
    Options

Sorry late to the party as usual. and know very little about what will happen at your meeting.

Hopefully it should be supportive and I just wanted to wish you best of luck for today @Billy85

Fingers crossed you come out of it feeling better than you went in

Take care

Toni

• Billy85
    Billy85 Member Posts: 21
    Options

Hi @frogmorton

The meeting went well, the OH nurse was a lovely woman, very understanding.

Basically she could see that I'm struggling to keep doing my role in my job and although agreed that going off sick may be my best option, it wouldn't be a decision she would make for me. It's down to me and my circumstances, financially etc.

So, I've decided to go off work sick until my op as I'm only putting myself through unnecessary pain trying to carry on.

That's me been on the waiting list 3 month come this Friday. I was told around 6/7 months so fingers crossed for a cancellation sometime soon.

Thanks,

Billy

• Janlyn
    Janlyn Member Posts: 401
    Options

@Billy85 I'm feeling so relieved for you and really wishing for a speedy cancellation for you.

A positive of being off work may be that you will be able to concentrate on exercises that are helpful to you and get properly prepared for surgery.

Best wishes, take care 😊

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,487
    Options

That's the best for you Billy I hope finances allow.

@Janlyn is right good chance to get prepared for your op and I also hope it's very soon.

I can really imagine you feeling much much better now you can relax.

Keep popping in here chatting and reading if you can while you are waiting which reminds me

have you see these?

Take care

Toni x