THR keeps being postponed

Options

Hello everyone, need some advice I am getting really frustrated I have been told I was pencilled in for THR in March , then April then back to March again and now it will be May onwards I can hardly walk , pain is never ending feel like a prisoner in my own home . Have been told by the hospital if it goes passed end of April I will need to see the consultant again ( goodness knows what that means )

I know the strikes have had a bad effect on the waiting list , I was told by the Orthopaedic Receptionist to “ keep my chin up “ when I asked what was going on. Surely they can’t keep doing this to us. I am at my wits end

Comments

• lizhorehants
    Options

I’m so sorry, it’s awful being in such pain! I hope it gets sorted for you. Pain or not you need to be on the phone to them all the time!! It’s the only thing that works in my case.

• Trish9556
    Trish9556 Member Posts: 525
    Options

hi @ozzy62

Have you spoken to your GP about the delays? Might be possible for you to get a referral to another hospital with a shorter waiting list. The NHS have an agreement with various private hospitals to treat their patients in which case you will be seen sooner. The NHS after all keep telling us in adverts that we have the right to choose where we are treated :) Worth a call?

trish x

• ozzy62
    ozzy62 Member Posts: 9
    Options

Hello @Trish9556

I have spoken to my GP because of my BMI I am unable to be sourced elsewhere , it has to be done at Hospital. I have even tried speaking to my Surgeon secretary but to no avail.

Best wishes

Ozzy62

• ozzy62
    ozzy62 Member Posts: 9
    Options

Hello everyone , just wanted to share that I have finally been in the Hospital this morning for my Iron Infusion for my upcoming THR , hope it won’t be to long now before I get a date for surgery. I am desperate to crack on, a big journey ahead but let’s get on with it now ! ( two years plus dealing with this has been long enough )

• Janlyn
    Janlyn Member Posts: 348
    Options

@ozzy62 I do hope you get a date soon - it has been far too long for you to be in pain. I hope the iron infusion makes you feel a little better too. I had to have iron tablets and hadn't realised quite how low iron had been affecting me. Helps to recover too.

Take care.

• swimmer60
    swimmer60 Member Posts: 202
    Options

@ozzy62

🤞you get a date soon. Take care😘

• lynnyh
    lynnyh Member Posts: 17
    Options

Wishing you all the very best and hope you’re on your way to recovery soon.

• poppyflower
    Options

I hope the iron infusion helps, and that you don't have to wait too much longer.

It's awful being in so much pain but hopefully you will soon be on the other side of your suffering.

Take care and don't forget to update us

Poppy xx