Anti inflammatories

Options

Hi, after a bit of advice please. I'm asthmatic and slightly concerned about what medication they'll prescribe if I can't have anti-inflammatory?

I am currently waiting for an appointment with the rheumatologist.

Thank

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 975
    Options

Hello @mejooley4321 and welcome to the online community,

Other members may be able to share their personal experiences of living with asthma and arthritis and the sorts of pain relief they can take, but it all does depend on the individual so it will be something you can discuss with your rheumatologist at your appointment.

You might find it helpful to have a look at the link below which looks at common questions that people ask who have been newly diagnosed. There’s a question on the different sorts of medications that you might be prescribed.

Do let us know how you get on at your appointment,

Anna ( Moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• FULLTIMER
    FULLTIMER Member Posts: 9
    Options

I can't take ibuprofen etc so really my only pain killer option has been co codamol 30/500 I think it is, they tried me on sulfasalazine for six months but it didn't seem to help and the side effects were pretty grim, I had a flare up a month or so back in my knees and the GP prescribed Gabapentin, again that hasn't gone to well re side effects so will probably be coming off that soon, I'm waiting to go on hydroxychloroquine but have to have an eye scan before I can possibly start on that depending on scan results. The whole thing seems to drag on and on with no real definite diagnosis as such apart from arthritis with an inflammatory factor