PIP renewal

Options

Hi all,

I have successfully after 12 months of waiting got the result of my pip renewal (this is the third renewal I have completed), this time my award was increased, which I’m happy with.

however my question comes as I’m unsure as to whether the increase should be awarded back to when my renewal went in, back in Feb 23. Date of award is from the date the decision was made, not even from the date of assessment. Has anyone had their award at renewal back dated?

I’ve read the lengthy document on citizens advice on the delays to pip but I don’t know whether I should be entitled to back pay for the last 12 months. Renewals previously have taken no where near as long as 12 months. https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/Global/CitizensAdvice/welfare%20publications/Playing%20catch-up_%20the%20impact%20of%20delayed%20health%20assessments%20for%20PIP.pdf

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 982
    Options

Hi @Charw,

The government details of payment for PIP renewals does seem a little unclear. Although previously payments have generally been backdated to the date of application, this might have been changed more recently.

Perhaps you could phone the Government Disability Service Centre who could give you more information. Their number is: Telephone: 0800 121 4433

Best wishes,

Anna ( Moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Charw
    Charw Member Posts: 12
    Options

Thank you Anna, I’m glad it’s not just me. I’ll try that.