Negative test results.

Options

Hi all.

Advice needed.

I had blood test Tuesday. Results came back today,all normal? I don't understand, I visibly cannot walk properly anymore,my hands are swollen and hurt so bad ,I struggle so much to carry out normal tasks,I saw a gp on the Monday before my blood test, she could see how bad I've become. I'm so dispondant .

i feel like a fraud,but I know my body hurts so bad. I dont want to go on like this. The last 3 years have changed me , i hate being in pain, only allowed rubbish codine and paracetamol. It doesnt help, most stronger pain meds make me have anaphylactic.

is their anything I can say or do,to make someone believe me.

Any advice would be amazing.

Thanks

Sam

Comments

• Nurina
    Nurina Member Posts: 298
    Options

Why do you think you are a fraud? I think what is happening to you is very real and it's not from your imagination. I'd ask for a referral to Rheumatologist. Good luck

• Merrypip
    Merrypip Member Posts: 2
    Options

Hi Spidergirl, please don’t ever think that you are a fraud, we know our own bodies and the pain we feel. I had three appointments with a Rheumatologist before they did an ultrasound and diagnosed me with inflammatory rheumatoid arthritis. Blood tests & X-rays showed nothing but I knew that something was going on. 14 months ago I was diagnosed with OA in my knee, it’s got worse over the past couple of months and despite blood tests & X-rays nothing has showed up so I’m going to fight for an ultrasound. I really hope that you get the help and answers that you need, it’s been my experience that you have to fight for answers. Good luck xxx

• Emmasknackeredjoints
    Options

My bloods were normal despite having swollen painful joints. I wasn't believed but I kept going. Private and nhs you name until finally people listened.

Seronegative inflammatory arthritis.

Ask for rheumatology ref .

My gp gave me steriod inj what a difference

Good luck

• Nikbok
    Nikbok Member Posts: 7
    Options

NICE guidance says that if you have swollen joints you should have a referral to rheumatology, regardless of blood test results, so go back to your GP and insist on a referral

• spidergirl
    spidergirl Member Posts: 9
    Options

Hi all. Thank you so much. On Friday I begged my gp for a rheumatology referral. On Friday afternoon I recieved a text from msk saying referral gone through. I know this sounds mad but last night I was thinking about elective amputation of both legs. To me in my mind it seams perfectly sane option, I've an app next week,going to see what gp thinks.

Thank you for the encouragement.

Sam xx

• Emmasknackeredjoints
    Options

@spidergirl I can relate to your comment about limb removal. One of my knees is so painful I have thought I would rather amputate the leg and get rid of the knee joint than live with it.

• Emmasknackeredjoints
    Options

@spidergirl how did it go with gp

• Kempkat
    Kempkat Member Posts: 11
    Options

Hi I felt the same as my bloods and X-ray was normal. I persisted as had visible lumps ! Was referred to Rheumatologist had Ultrasounds confirmed severe Osteoarthritis and Inflammatory Joint Disease Seronegative as bloods normal ! Don’t give up if you are in pain ask to see a Rheumatologist!

Hope you get some help soon !

• spidergirl
    Options

Hi all. I saw my gp Friday he said I do have arthritis but isn't sure what type,I've been referred to msk who then refers me to rheumatology. Long winded way of referral. At least I'm believed now. I asked for amputation, he thought I was joking at first, but then could see the seriousness in my face,he has told me to pause that thought for the time being until I've got a formal diagnosis. He has given me some duxoline pain relief. Takes around 2 to 3 weeks to work. I stopped my blood thinners for a week as I wanted to be able to have methotrexate, which i know can help..i got severely told off for that. I think finally he realises.that I can't take the pain and disability anymore.

I cant believe how long it takes to get diagnosis, thank you all so much for not thinking I'm crazy for wanting amputation.

With love

Sam xx