Coffee and oa

Options
lia
lia Member Posts: 4

Hi,

I recently read that caffeine can be a factor in the development of osteoarthritis.

As a result of that I recently gave coffee up, or at least am trying. I was a huge coffee drinker.

Before that I was having major pains in the morning and it seemed to me that there was less pain after a couple of days being coffee and tea free.

This of course could be wishful thinking.

My question is if anyone knows more about the effects of caffeine on arthritis?

Here's the link to the article:

Caffeine, a Factor for Osteoarthritis

https://encyclopedia.pub/entry/935

Thanks!

Lia

Comments

• herecomesannie
    Options

Hi Lia

I have osteoarathritis - recently bad flare up. My physiotherapist has recommended decaff tea and coffee preferably before lunchtime only. I am going to give this a go as I have been trying to wean myself off tea and coffee and finding it difficult. Will see if this helps.

Annie

• lia
    lia Member Posts: 4
    Options

Hi Annie,

Sorry to hear about your flare up.

I drink hot water and hot oat milk with cinnamon. It helps/helped. An alternative.

Good luck.

Lia

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.