Surgery cancelled yet again

Options

Hello was just wondering does anybody know who I can complain to that will actually listen to me, had my left hip replaced June last year promised second one would be done 6 weeks later but low and behold here I am , was supposed to be having hip replacement today got phone call yesterday cancelled again this is fourth time now its happened, I'm damaging new hip as my leg length after surgery is 4 inches longer, I cannot put two feet on ground am totally lob sided and bearing all my weight on it even with orthopaedics saying my new hip not healing the way it should and longer I'm left there will be more damage they keep cancelling on me it's so difficult when you have been mentally preparing for surgery and then with damn all notice to be told not happening is so frustrating, I have put in complaint but falling on deaf ears any suggestions of where to turn for help would be greatly appreciated

Lorraine

Comments

• swimmer60
    swimmer60 Member Posts: 202
    Options

@Lorraine_24

Did you complain to PALS? Can you ring them? I'd go back to your GP, perhaps s/he can refer you to another health authority. Your MP even. A sit in at your hospital? Only half joking.

It's awful for you, I'm so sorry and absolutely crazy that your present situation is compromising your previous operation.

• Lorraine_24
    Lorraine_24 Member Posts: 32
    Options

Hi @swimmer60 yes I did complain to pals although they were very nice and understanding there isn't much they can do, they did contact medical team on my behalf but just got fobbed off , I had hoped there would be some other authoritative organisation that may be able to help in situations like this, will mention to my gp what you suggested only problem is he's quite useless aswell and not very helpful

• swimmer60
    swimmer60 Member Posts: 202
    Options

@Lorraine_24

Try and find another GP. Can your friends/acquaintances recommend one?

• Lorraine_24
    Lorraine_24 Member Posts: 32
    Options

@swimmer60 yes will have to try find different gp, I'm in London and most people I know have issues with their gp surgery some you still can't get a face to face appointment since covid which is ridiculous at this stage