Shoes help?!

stephy
stephy Bots Posts: 3
edited 27. Jan 2009, 17:35 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all,
The pain in my feet and ankles is unbearable some days, can any of you recommend any good shoes/makes to wear around the house?
I tried on some Crocs the other, they seemed really comfy but my normal size was too big and they didn't have the size below in stock! Anyone know if they're any good?

xx

Comments

• elvislover
    elvislover Member Posts: 6
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    stephy wrote:
    Hi all,
    The pain in my feet and ankles is unbearable some days, can any of you recommend any good shoes/makes to wear around the house?
    I tried on some Crocs the other, they seemed really comfy but my normal size was too big and they didn't have the size below in stock! Anyone know if they're any good?

They are worth there wait in gold ' Been wearing the fur lined one's from Asda all winter .
    Hi by the way !
    Ang
  • stephy
    stephy Bots Posts: 3
    elvislover wrote:
    stephy wrote:
    Hi all,

They are worth there wait in gold ' Been wearing the fur lined one's from Asda all winter .
    Hi by the way !
    Ang

Thanks Ang, think I might have to purchase a pair then!! :lol:
  • vikki75
    vikki75 Member Posts: 15
    Hi Stephy,

Since I was diagnosed with RA Ive tryed lots of shoe to help my hip and feet/ankle pain and I find Clarkes shoe to be great they offer me support and comfort in all the correct places.
    Good luck
    Vikki
  • jen1805
    jen1805 Member Posts: 5
    Hi, crocs are amazingthe most comfortable shoes I have ever owned even the cheap copies are just as good, only problem I had was my other half refused to be seen with me 'cos I was wearing bright pink shoes!!! men can be so picky :lol:
  • toptottie
    toptottie Member Posts: 12
    Hi,
    I have been useing Fly Flots for a while now and they are fantastic,very comfortable and some trendy styles they sell boots,shoes,sandals slippers. I get mine from shoeshop.com. I would not wear anything else now.
  • toptottie
    toptottie Member Posts: 12
    I think you can get them in Boundary Mill, it might be worth checking on the net for your closest branch, they may also only stock a certain number of styles. I have bought from QVC and shoeshop.com and have been very pleased if they are not satisfactory you can return them no probs.
  • noonoo
    noonoo Member Posts: 24
    toptottie i wondered about flyflots after seeing them on QVC,can they only be bought from internet or shopping channel,as ive never seen them in any shoe shop

Hi Scottishlass

You can buy them in regular shoe shops too. I have also seen them advertised mail order in magazines/supplements. Maybe see if their website has a list of stockists in your area or ask an independent shoe shop if they can get some in for you to try.

Noo Noo
    x
  • jacquie
    jacquie Member Posts: 2
    stephy wrote:
    Hi all,

xx

fly flots are fab you can get them from padders shops too cheaper or in their postal magazine. I know there is one at mansfield shopping discount village and also at Poole on the harbour front next to poole pottery.

good luck they are very comfie.
    :)
  • jacquie
    jacquie Member Posts: 2
    stephy wrote:
    Hi all,

xx

you can also get Moshulu shoes - very similar and the summer sandals are great. Quite like the fly flots for which I have a cupboard full !! They are on a website www.moshulu.co.uk and also shops around the country. I go to one in Dorset and also at Weedon northamptonshire at the ehart of the shires shoppigng village.

I also got my nhs chiropodist with my consultants help to make me some insoles to wear in normal shoes to help as you can't throw old ones away and they help loads.
    good luck.

I also have steroid injection in all my toes about every year and they help loads.

hope you get comfie feet very soon

Jacquie :)
  • noonoo
    noonoo Member Posts: 24
    Jacquie

Just looked at those Moshulu (?) shoes, they look very pretty and more stylish than my Crocs!!

I shall not give up my Crocs, I just love them too much but for smarter wear I shall be checking out the ones you suggest.

Noo Noo
    x
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Bumping this thread up for Genny.
    E x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    elnafinn wrote:
    Bumping this thread up for Genny.
    E x

Hi Elnafinn,
    I'm going to look into all these types of shoes too. I have severe pain in my right foot just now. Starts at my toe ( one next to big toe) and travels all over my foot and into my ankle. Very sore when driving. Don't know if anyone else gets this and if so-what shoes do you wear?
    Magenta x

PS Glad to hear your Mum is doing well!
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hi Magenta

Sorry to hear your foot is playing you up big time right now. I never learnt to drive so am not able to help you there with suitable footwear.

Thank you for remembering me and my mum . Yes, three weeks tomorrow she will have been coping well on her own. We took her 5 month old great grand child to see her on Saturday which was a happy time. I will see her tomorrow and help out with chores etc.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • fragglerock
    fragglerock Member Posts: 4
    Hi

I get the same problem with my feet when I'm driving. I wear a pair of Merrell Chameleon walking trainers all the time, they've got them in outdoor stores and online. I had another pair of Merrells before which were really good - so I'd def recommend! They're very supportive and well cushioned. I've put a gel insole under the original Merrell insole for extra bounce when walking. Only thing is - they're quite clumpy when driving - so easy on the brakes!

Other than that I've got a pair of 'Ugg' style boots - look for ones that have got good sole and a sort of structured/supportive ankle. Very cosy and stylish too!

fragglerock x
  • slummymummy
    slummymummy Member Posts: 69
    I get pain in my feet when walking and driving too. Rheumatoid nodules under my feet don't help. I have bought literally dozens of shoes in my search for comfort. Some Clarkes are good (the ones with 'air' soles). My sheepskin slippers are heaven :lol::lol: from justsheepskin.com. But after a few hours they make my feet overheat and then they throb :(

Today I have had a look on ebay for merrell shoes, and fly flots, and there is a good selection there. I like ebay because you can pay through paypal, which offers more security for your bank details...... Plus there are loads of bargains!! - I just found some new fly flot sandles, with labels, for £5. :D

Slummy
  • magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    Thanks everyone,
    I'm going to have a look but will have to wait till payday :lol:
    Magenta x