Suicide

Options
2»

Comments

• Pheeny
    Pheeny Member Posts: 22
    Options

Did you have your appointment today? How did it go? Good, I hope.

• Terryb852
    Terryb852 Member Posts: 17
    Options

It was ok it was what I thought they would say there no more treatments and I going to have to learn to live with this

to be honest after I tryed to kill myself

my mindset has changed I kept just pushing trying to live a normal life that broke me led to loads more pain and broke me mentally

i just could not face this being the rest of my life but now I try to change my life to keep pain levels down as low as I can

i need to except this is the way it is now I don't want to be but I can't carry on like I was

how are doing have managed to have life still with living with this condition

• Pheeny
    Pheeny Member Posts: 22
    Options

I am glad you kept the appointment. It is important to keep in the swim, even if you keep hearing the same thing. One day there may be other alternatives and you wouldn’t want to miss out. I think arthritis alters so many things. I have lost count of the many changes I have had to make and it really shows up differences and limitations when I am with able bodied people even of my age, which is nearing eighty. I was diagnosed in 2000 so I have had plenty of time to make mental adjustments, and I don’t think it is exaggerating to say it is a grieving process for the old easy life. But you have made the hardest step which is to accept it is painful in every sense to hang on to the idea that you can turn the clock back. I am doing very well for someone with RA but I am still not a patch on my friends who have no mobility problems. So make any adjustments you need and one day the adjustments will become second nature and life will get easier. Good luck for the future. Keep posting. And definitely keep going to those appointments. Pheeny

• Terryb852
    Terryb852 Member Posts: 17
    Options

Thank you for your coments

it gives me hope that I can make it better then it is now