Deep Freeze Spray

Options

Hi everyone I just wondered if anyone has used a deep freeze spray instead of ice pack when knees get sore after activity. I am going away for a day and won't have access to a freezer for my ice packs and was considering taking a deep freeze spray instead. Any feedback welcome.

Comments

• Naomi33
    Naomi33 Moderator Posts: 280
    Options

Morning @EeeBee

I have used deep freeze spray and deep heat spray in the past and found for short term relief fine.

However my go to cream is Ibuprofen gel which I am prescribed but everyone different.

Definitely worth a try tho good luck 😘

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• EeeBee
    EeeBee Member Posts: 9
    Options

Hi Naomi thanks for your response. Short term relief would be fine. I also have Motusol which is the same as voltarol I think but I don't get much relief with that. I have movelat cream too. Again not sure it helps much although the massage from rubbing it in probably does. I have bone on bone in my right knee so I'm not sure anything will help very much other than replacement which I am waiting for. I have naproxen and cocodamol 30/500 but prefer not to take them if I can avoid. I will certainly try the spray for my day out. Thanks again.

• Naomi33
    Options

Your welcome and I do agree the massage of cream into my elbows helps as I am bone on bone there awaiting methotrexate injections but not sure if they will help 🀞🀞

Hope you enjoy your day out @Naomi33

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• EeeBee
    Options

I hope you don't have to wait too long and that injections help. I have OA rather than RA and have had steroid injections in my knees. They certainly take the edge off the pain but have not been effective for as long as I hoped. My friend has RA and has recently been given the EpiPen type methothrexate rather than tablet. She says it is helping and fewer side effects than tablets. Hope you hear soon. Take care.

• Naomi33
    Options

Thanks will await appointment I also have Palindromic RA and complained about elbows at consultation sent for xrays and advised mechanical therefore OA bless just grateful I can walk so always a positive πŸ˜˜πŸ‘

• EeeBee
    Options

πŸ‘πŸ’•

• Debonayr
    Debonayr Member Posts: 3
    edited 4. Mar 2024, 10:59
    Options

Hi

I find bio freeze can help. Comes in a tube and gives some instant temporary relief. Might like to give this a try.