Shoes/Trainers

Options

Hi all, new here.

Been diagnosed with OA in both feet but symptoms come and go and I am not constantly in pain which is a good thing for now.

Consultant has told me to buy some really good trainers for support which will help. I am also booked in for Kenalog injections.

What shoes/trainers do people recommend?

Thanks all in advance

Comments

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 1,022
    Options

Hello @neil_lee_2000 and welcome to the Community. It's good to have you here.

Here at Versus Arthritis we do not endorse any particular products, but no doubt members will have ones they've personally discovered. However we do have the following guidance which I hope will be of some use.

Please keep posting and let us know how you are getting on.

Best wishes

Peter

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Emmasknackeredjoints
    Options

My friend bought kybun shoes swears by them. They were cheaper before brexit and covid but now very expensive. However cheaper than a private orthopaedic appointment and much cheaper than an MRI which I seem to be spending loads on so maybe worth it in the end.

• Welsh1
    Welsh1 Member Posts: 73
    Options

Well I am looking for shoes now told by the podiatry to look for Rocker soles and plenty of toe room looked at many they are expensive or trainers or I don't like them. So way to go yet.