New and in pain

Options

I am new to the group. I'm in unbelievable pain despite taking co codamol, naproxen and baclofen. I'm feeling really down. I'm meant to go on holiday next week but I can't see how I'll manage.

How long do flare ups last? What causes them?

Comments

• MrDJ
    MrDJ Member Posts: 286
    Options

Hi @kayjaybee

Sorry to hear your having a flare up as we all know how that feels.

What parts of the body are affected and which gives the most pain and have they given it a name like rhumatoid or ostio or something else.

Also have you been ill lately with cold or virus or a slight knock or bang to a joint that didnt hurt at the time.

Flare ups can be caused by a number of things so not easy to pinpoint. Who prescribed your meds, gp or rhumatologist. and have you been given your blood results if you had any taken. activity markers like ESR & CRP are the main ones i look out for and if those numbers are raised then thats a good pinpoint to suggest what could be happening but only a doctor can give that advice.

There will be others along to advise so i hope it eases of for you soon and you can get away on holiday.

• Welsh1
    Welsh1 Member Posts: 75
    Options

You need to give us a bit more information

• Vinnymon
    Vinnymon Member Posts: 18
    Options

Strongly advise you to ring the helpline. They are marvellous and will listen to you and talk you through all your questions.

I understand how you feel. I’m also in the midst of a nasty flare up and new to it all.

Good luck!

• Naomi33
    Naomi33 Moderator Posts: 286
    Options

Hello @kayjaybee and welcome to the online community.

Sorry to hear your concerns but as above posts have requested can you give us more information so we can try and help you??

Everyone is different but sometimes people do connect with the same problems so please keep posting and I am sure someone will connect with you.

Best wishes @Naomi33

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm